Safety signage, which is also known as a safety sign or safety signboard provides information about safety or health. Most of the time, we can see it on the road, signboard or notice board.
By understanding the types of signs and their purpose, you can determine which one of those that you need in your workplace and where to display them.
Here are several safety signs with the respective logo and meaning.
Types of Safety Sign
In this article, three types of safety signs will be discussed and they are as follows:
This type of sign is to instruct on what can’t be done or what must be done.
This sign is to instruct or tell people that they are not allowed to do certain things. It is usually designed with a red circle and a straight line in the middle of it, crossing the thing you can’t do.
Some examples of this safety signage would be to tell people that they can’t smoke or can’t enter private property in certain areas.
Mandatory signs are put up to instruct or tell people that they must do something around certain areas. It is usually fabricated in a white symbol on a blue circle, on a white background.
These signs are also usually accompanied by, or just have word instructions in black on the white background.
Some examples would be to either tell people to wear foot protection, eye protection, or hearing protection in certain areas.
This type of sign is to let people know that there are possible dangers in the area and to inform of those certain dangers whether it could kill or hurt you.
When there are life-threatening dangers or hazardous situations around and you want to alert people, there is where this sign is needed.
It is usually made with the word DANGER in white on top of the red oval, on top of the black rectangle.
The specific alert such as “DO NOT ENTER” or “HIGH VOLTAGE” will be included under that in black on a white background. All of the words will be in bold and capital letters.
When the dangers around are not life-threatening, this type of sign (Warning Signs) will let people know that they could still get hurt.
The design would usually be a black symbol or pictogram in a black triangle with words such as “SLIPPERY WHEN WET” under it, all on a yellow background.
This last type of sign is informative signs to let people know of the direction or location of certain safety tools or facts around the area if something goes wrong.
Emergency Information Signs
When something bad happens and people need instant or emergency fixation, this is a sign for that. Some of the safety tools that this sign is made of include first aid kits.
These signs are commonly fabricated as white symbols or pictographs, with white words on a green background. Example alerts would be “FIRST AID KIT” or “EMERGENCY PHONE”.
When something or someplace is on fire, it is very helpful to have a fire extinguisher around and this sign is made to let people know where it is put.
Designed with white symbol or pictogram and words on a red background, this sign will be easy to see during emergencies and panic thus fire can be put out as soon as possible.
By using the standard safety signs, that would help the people in the area to be aware of it and thus obey the signs respectively.
18 Safety Signage You Ought To Know
1. Medical Safety Signs: This is to keep your staff and patients safe by telling them important safety information, be aware of possible hazards and avoid accidents.
2. Construction Site Signs: This is to make sure the workers and the public remain safe when they are in or nearby constructions work sites.
3. Hand Washing Signs: This is to remind people to wash their hands. It can be placed in a restaurant or hospitals and clinics where hygiene is very important.
4. Confined Space Safety Signs: This is to make sure that the access to confined spaces is exclusive to permit holders.
5. Warehouse Safety Signs: This is to inform people about your warehouse on the capacities, clearances, and many more.
6. Personal Protection Signs: This is to inform the staffs of the requirement to wear personal protective equipment.
7. Chemical Hazard Signs: This is to inform on the possible chemical dangers in the area.
8. Electrical Safety Signs: This is to alert people on high voltage areas and possible electrical hazards and ESD.
9. Machine Safety Signs: This is to remind the workers to always be attentive to avoid the possible dangers when using the machines.
10. Health Hazard Signs: This is to alert people on possible dangers that can cause health problems.
11. Forklift Signs: This is to help keep your forklift area safe for everyone and avoid possible dangers.
12. Watch Your Step Signs: This is to remind people to always be mindful of their steps to avoid slips, trips, or falls in the area.
13. Flammable Materials Signs: This is to avoid possible trauma due to fires or explosions from flammable elements.
14. Safety Awareness Signs: This is to remind the staff to always be safe around the job area.
15. Keep Away Signs: This is to warn people to not enter certain areas without permission.
16. Medical Equipment Signs: This is to alert people on the possible dangers that can be caused by medical equipment.
17. Medical PPE Signs: This is to make sure the staffs remain safe by reminding them of this type of sign.
18. Truck Safety Signs: This is to let the truck drivers know of the policies when they park at loading docks and delivery areas.
Safety Signage From Prosign Advertising Sdn Bhd
If you are looking for a place to make signs related to road safety or notice boards, do not look further as one of the best places to do it in Malaysia would be with ProSign!
From road signs, speed limit signs, to road names signs, they do it all! Want to know the steps on what should you do? The steps are very simple as a quote, production, delivery!
But a more detailed process is as follows:
- Send your drawing
- Contact them via email email@example.com or 012 3332474)
- A quotation will be reverted to you
- Upon confirmation, proceed with deposit payment
- Delivery or installation
- Remaining payment
Our Service & Free Quotation
Who says window shopping can only be done through online shopping? You can get it from them too! Don’t hesitate to ask for a quotation, it is FREE OF CHARGE.
As professionals that care for their clients, they will learn about your budgets and needs but at the same time will also advise accordingly to make sure you are getting the best service.
Not only that, they also use premium materials to produce only the best quality of signage, with the best price too. They will ensure that it will be worth it with the quality that they provide.
Besides that, they also value their customers’ time that is why they will respond to all enquiries within 72 hours and provide the quotation as soon as possible within 7 working days.
As one of the best signage and signboard companies, they promise to only give the best services thus fast installation is also guaranteed ranging from four to ten working days.
To conclude, if you are researching about signboard design, make sure to give Pro-Sign Advertising a chance as it is one of the best companies in Malaysia.